Thursday, 19 November 2015

Arsene Wenger Reveals Fear Of Further Terrorists Attacks On Football Following The #ParisAttacks

Arsenal coach, Arsene Wenger has revealed that he fears further stadium attacks following the atrocities in Paris on Friday night. And the Arsenal manager has revealed he will hold heart-to-heart talks with his France internationals Laurent Koscielny and Olivier Giroud before selecting the pair for Saturday's clash against West Bromwich Albion.
The Arsenal manager has spoken for the first time about the terrible events of last week. Wenger was in Paris when the attacks took place, and expressed his shock and dismay at the terrorism, which resulted in the deaths of 129 people.


He said:
' It looks like it's not the end of it, so there is still a question of security.' 'I was not far from the events... To discover how much your own citizens hate you is a big shock.' 
Koscielny in particular was troubled by the events, and Wenger said he would talk to his central defender before deciding if he would play against West Brom.
 'You could see that on Tuesday night he was not himself,'. 'It affected him deeply and I didn't recognise the player I saw on Friday night on Tuesday night.' 'I will talk with him. It's a big game for us. I have not talked to him yet, but I will talk to him to see if he is completely recovered and focused. 

'You have to trust the player in these kind of situations. Today in the Premier League you don't get away with it with 80 per cent focus. 'You have to be completely committed. What I will want from him is that he's completely committed and feels ready. If not, I will not play him.'

Related Posts

Arsene Wenger Reveals Fear Of Further Terrorists Attacks On Football Following The #ParisAttacks
4/ 5
Oleh